CURRENT VERSION: Alpha 0.323 released Feb 25
ALPHA STATUS: Code Hero Alpha 0.323 is an early, unstable and incomplete release. Expect things to break and enjoy what works!
The learning curriculum is not yet a complete education for beginners, and we're working towards a major alpha release that has a complete learning arc.
- Pre-Order The Game For Access Now: You must pre-order to have an account that can log into Code Hero Alpha. You get all future updates.
- Login Information: Your game login is your username on the website as shown on your userpage, case sensitive.
- Guest Mode: If you have login problems or you want to try the alpha without having an account, you can play the current tour free.
- Tester Feedback: You can provide valuable feedback as part of our testing team. Visit primerlabs.com/testing.
- Talk to us: Talk to the Dev team live in the Freenode #codehero IRC chat through the web interface.
Upcoming Update Plans:
- GameObject and Transform.position are being overhauled as well to make the whole learning arc more fun and complete.
Code Hero Alpha 0.323
- Code Ray 101 orientation level introduces how the code ray and editor work in a simple way.
- Step-by-step instructions for copying and editing code
Code Hero 0.3 Alpha 3 Read the release announcement news update
- FizzBoss is restored to working order with Ada providing additional dialogue explanation to answer your questions on how to do it
- Improved guidance in the Labyrinth Dragon level: it now blinks the variable value, selects the text for quick input and blinks the button to save
- Dialogue hides the HUD to prevent overlap
- Login servers more stable
- Variable types shortened to fit Inspector
- Copy code no longer penetrates objects
Code Hero 0.270 Alpha 2
- Linux Version
- Guest login for offline access and trying before buying
- Gamebridge Unityversity world hub expanded
- Orientation Hall
- Labyrinth 0-3
- Labyrinth Generator
- Codefoo Dojo
- Play other players' levels
- Unity 101
- Babbage & Lovelace
- Bell Labs
- Steve's Garage
- Real Artist Shipyard
- Scenebox World Editor
- Humantheon Hall of Heroes
- Ada Lovelace
- Fizzboss 0
- Noisebridge Hackerspace
- World Editor features
- New Level
- Save Level
- Ship Level ( uploads to server )
- Unity-style keyboard shortcuts (QWER)
- Script Editor
- New Script
- Attach Script
- Edit Script
- Place Prefab
- Editor Prefabs
- Dinky Dungeon Tileset
Code Hero 0.263 Alpha 1
- The first alpha release rebuilt from scratch
- Gamebridge Unityversity world hub
- Scenebox editor
- TTS Voice is pre-generated to work on all machines without OS-specific TTS voices
Code Hero 0.192 Prototype
- Windows has an executable installer now that includes the voice DLL.
- BUGFIX: Dialogue advance click bug
- BUGFIX: GameObject.Destroy challenge code bug
- BUGFIX: GameObject Restart door
Code Hero 0.191
- NEW: GameObjects level has complete Destroy challenges now to prepare you to beat FizzBoss.
- NEW: FizBoss hints are nicely set up now with "in case of emergency, Destroy() glass" covers and verbal explanations.
Code Hero 0.18
- BUG: Compass is missing in 0.18 (oops!). This makes Transform.position level confusing. 0.181 coming soon to fix this.
- BUG: Voice won't work on Mac without Administrator Access.
- Code Hero 0.17 was the first preorder prototype release.
Mac: Any Intel Mac, Mac OS 10.5 - 10.8 with Intel GMA 3000 graphics or better
Windows: Windows XP, Vista or 7 with Intel GMA 3000 graphics or better
Linux: Linux version coming soon. Ubuntu is recommended, let us know which others do or don't work.